Friday 15 August 2014

Colourising Indiana Jones DMD Graphics

So I thought it was time to add colour to the DMD graphics section of my Indiana Jones software rewrite. Colourising DMD dot data has become a new standard for updating of games, with many titles being given the colour treatment. There are a few different ways to do it, but the outcome is the same. I am using the  P-ROC method which was invented by my Friend Eric from Cactus Canyon Continued Fame. He has been helping me out adding the colour data to the raw dot frames. Massive thanks to him. He is a genius! 

Here's a few examples of how it's progressing,





Let me know what you think. Adding the colour really beings the animations to life and also shows off the great talents of the original Williams artist who created the animations and frames in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment